Subscribe to Toylit

Friday, March 30, 2012

The Last News [Today's News Poem by Khakjaan Wessington March 30, 2012]


The Last News [Today's News Poem by Khakjaan Wessington March 30, 2012]

If you concentrate correctly,
Consecrate directly to that source of mind;
Fish will school above you—kind is drawn to kind.

Every whimsy goes to fish.
Every fool departs from money.
Every action feeds the fish.
Golden fish consume the silver,
Eat the silly fish, the playful fish, the squalid fish.

“The only fish that live are fish that fight”
I always say. The fish that swallow fish survive
To swallow fish and fish for fish.

You have heard of the boy who declared his mother was a fish?
I am fish as well.
God will cut the string and peel the news from off my scales
And fling my slippery, cold and fucking final form upon the table;
To scrape my nasty scales away.
Sometimes light emits from where the knife has cut the flesh
And sometimes venom oozes when the fish is lightly squeezed.
God will hold the knife above my limp and gasping fishface,
God will show me to myself, a gasping fish upon the table.
I will see myself as God has seen me, gasping, raging, greedy, scheming;
I will see myself at last: a fish, a fish.

“Alternatively, you could try to hack the lottery, as these people did. ”
—The Washington Post, March 30, 3:00 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/are-mega-millions-players-suckers/2012/03/30/gIQAwlGulS_story.html

“The national conversation over Trayvon Martin's killing is loud and intense. In some places, it's also vile and violent. ”
Joe Sterling, CNN, updated 3:24 PM EDT, Fri March 30, 2012
http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/30/us/florida-teen-shooting-hate/index.html


Return to Toylit
Subscribe to Toylit

1 comment:

Obsidian Eagle said...

The line in quotes reminded me of "Rumble Fish" (not a bad thing). Also a nice hint of Dr Seuss in here.

Really enjoyed this. As Radiohead said "The Big Fish Eat The Little Ones." but I like your line better: "Golden fish consume the silver".

As for this Trayvon case, I wish the media would quit feeding the fucken fire. Re-godamn-diculous!